"MISC provides leadership concerning invasive species issues and encourages efforts that prevent the introduction of and manage the impact of invasive species on Maryland ecosystems."
Membership structure and procedures (as passed February 8, 2001 and amended as indicated):
- We will remain informal for now. The 4voting membership will meet with all interested parties before the next MISC meeting to discuss the move towards formalization.
- All 1organizations represented to date will be considered "participating 1organizations." All attendees to date will be considered "members." New attendees requesting voting privileges 3must be present twice to be voted into membership and must be present for vote to proceed. 3If a member is inactive for one year, membership will be suspended.
- "Participating Organization" - organizations operating or conducting business in Maryland.
- "member" - Maryland resident, or non-resident who owns land or represents a participating organization.
- "guest" - all others on the mailing list; guests do not have voting privileges.
- Issues to be addressed and voted on at a meeting will be made available prior to the meeting to all members of record at least 3 weeks before scheduled meeting. Members must be present to vote.
- Issues that cannot wait until the next meeting will be sent out for comment via the list serve to all members of record. 1Issues will be submitted to the Facilitator, who will send out for comment and moderate subsequent Internet/phone discussion. Voting will proceed as in motion 5. Non-response will be considered a go-ahead vote.
- Voting will be conducted as follows: An issue will be brought to the floor. 2One third of the membership is required for a quorum. Attending members will have the option to vote 1)thumb up = yes, 2)thumb to side = not in agreement, but no vote to block, 3)thumb down = request to continue discussion.
1 Facilitator duties will include:
- Develop meeting agenda
- Function as moderator for meetings
- Sign correspondence as approved by MISC
- Facilitate and moderate MISC business outside of regular meetings
1 The recording secretary will be responsible for maintaining the mailing and membership list. Minutes are public record and will be sent to entire mailing list.
2 Terms for facilitator/recording secretary will be renewable annually in 4March. Either the facilitator or recording secretary may step down or a member may nominate a replacement. The 4voting membership will be responsible for nominating a replacement in the former case. Alternates will be selected by acting facilitator/recording secretary.
1 General meeting agenda (agenda items should be submitted to the facilitator):
- Call to order
- Additions to agenda
- Presentation (if any)
- Approval of minutes
- Committee reports, including discussion, motions, and votes
- Old business
- New business
1 amended April 5, 2001
2 amended December 3, 2001
3 amended April 4, 2002
4 amended January 24, 2008